The Flightdeck
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Collection

5 posters

Go down

My Collection Empty My Collection

Post  Legion Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:56 pm

My EverSun tickets and Visitor tags came in, and I promptly made them a home. I love the detail put into this, even though--thanks to Wight--these tickets are only seen in the deleted scene of Daybreak. I didn't put a screencap in the frame, unlike my other items, b/c I forgot, didn't really want it, and once my wife learned that it would have been a screencap of Tori holding it, declined to have it in the frame. LOL

There is one really funny bit of humor on the ticket. If you look at the really close photo, you'll see "Invalid unless alcohol consumed" Twisted Evil I'll post pics as the room gets finally finished--last of course being the desk and painting, which won't be for a few months. The pins collection (thanks to Frank and Adam) is now complete, and I will proudly show off those photos soon.

My Collection DSC_0243b

My Collection DSC_0248

My Collection DSC_0238

My Collection DSC_0237-1

My Collection DSC_0236-3

My Collection DSC_0242

My Collection DSC_0239

My Collection DSC_0249

Cheers,

Guy
Legion
Legion
Admin

https://theflightdeck.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

My Collection Empty Re: My Collection

Post  Legion Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:21 am

I took a few more shots of stuff before calling it a night....

My C-Bucs uniform: the pants and t-shirt are underneath. Honestly, as a Tampa native, the logo alone was the motivation for this purchase.

My Collection DSC_0234-3

Thank you, IKEA...

My Collection DSC_0241

A better shot of the cubit collection already mentioned.

My Collection DSC_0243

Cheers,

Guy
Legion
Legion
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  inthecanpictures Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:26 am

All great shots Guy, thanks for taking pictures of the C-Bucs outfit as well. I love the C-Bucs and ended up with a costume as well. I am really happy that you won the boarding passes and visitor badges. I remember watching the end of that auction (and another...) hoping it was you on the win. Too cool, thanks for sharing.

Last edited by inthecanpictures on Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:43 am; edited 1 time in total
inthecanpictures
inthecanpictures

Back to top Go down

Post  galactifan Sat Apr 03, 2010 5:39 am

You really have displayed that all wonderfully. It's all very tastefully done and things arent cramped into frames. I love it!
galactifan
galactifan

Back to top Go down

Post  KevinEricon Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:12 pm

I always enjoyed watching your display, and thinking I must do that when I have the time/space. Very nice.

KevinEricon

Back to top Go down

Post  Legion Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:40 am

Thanks for the compliments! Here's a few other things...

My Collection DSC_0002-6

A great laser print thanks to a great patron of BSG fans Wink which was apparently used as a primer for the larger translight/map (ironically the same I'm using for my desk thanks to Plowking and Sean).

My Collection DSC_0005-12

A close-up of the same print, stating the date and episode the larger version is seen.

My Collection DSC_0006-10

My replica shelf, with the statues, Cain's knife, and the replica patches from ASAP.

Cheers,

Guy
Legion
Legion
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  KevinEricon Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:42 am

Is that a Titanium Galactica on a custom made stand?

KevinEricon

Back to top Go down

Post  inthecanpictures Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:48 am

Looks great Guy. Any chance on getting that copy of the Galactica schematic still? Looks really good finished.-C
inthecanpictures
inthecanpictures

Back to top Go down

Post  Legion Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:34 am

KevinEricon wrote:Is that a Titanium Galactica on a custom made stand?
Why indeed it is, Kevin. It's just a simple wooden base and some of the metal rods sold at a hobby store. I just bent the rods and slipped them into the two holes that are for the plastic titanium stand.

EDIT: You know what bugged the hell out of me about that Galactica, Kevin? The fact that it didn't have a friggin' decal on the hanger pod was just such a ridiculous oversight IMO. I had to track down a guy on a model replica forum, who had the appropriate sized decals, and put them on there.

@ Chris: I didn't make any scans of the image before I put it in a frame, but I can certainly send you the image that Plowking did for me. Plowking took the image that was for the auction and cleaned it up for printing. It's a high quality print, and I'd ask Sean (Bobatrek) if he could make you a print. I had mine printed at roughly 18" by 32" and it looks great. It's the same image as what's in the frame, except what's in the frame appears to be (I can't say for certain, but certainly seems so) the master that the main Propworx translight came from. Are you looking for a copy of that, or the translight?

Cheers,

Guy
Legion
Legion
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  inthecanpictures Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:36 am

Guy, I have the image Plowking made. I talked to you about it in the Propworx forum while you were doing the piece thing with different printed pieces. I need to find someone who can make that big of a translight print. I have 8 x 10 translight material to print on but can't make anything that big. Anyways if you can ever get one done by the guy who did yours I would pay. Thanks-C
inthecanpictures
inthecanpictures

Back to top Go down

Post  KevinEricon Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:52 am

Legion wrote:
KevinEricon wrote:Is that a Titanium Galactica on a custom made stand?
Why indeed it is, Kevin. It's just a simple wooden base and some of the metal rods sold at a hobby store. I just bent the rods and slipped them into the two holes that are for the plastic titanium stand.

EDIT: You know what bugged the hell out of me about that Galactica, Kevin? The fact that it didn't have a friggin' decal on the hanger pod was just such a ridiculous oversight IMO. I had to track down a guy on a model replica forum, who had the appropriate sized decals, and put them on there.

What bugged me is the purple-ish paint they used. I'd be perfectly happy if they just use the grey paint on the 3" Galactica. I'm tempted to re-paint it myself but hesitated because I'm not a very good model painter. I can paint props fine, but not these scale models.

Kevin

KevinEricon

Back to top Go down

Post  Legion Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:28 pm

inthecanpictures wrote:Guy, I have the image Plowking made. I talked to you about it in the Propworx forum while you were doing the piece thing with different printed pieces. I need to find someone who can make that big of a translight print. I have 8 x 10 translight material to print on but can't make anything that big. Anyways if you can ever get one done by the guy who did yours I would pay. Thanks-C

I'll take a pic when I get home, but Sean's is one full piece if that's what you're looking for. The guy who was doing it in sections actually emailed me yesterday, but I'm no longer needing his services. Sean has a friend who can print them out on a nice, heavy-duty, frosted white material.

@ Kevin: I know what you mean. It was bugging me too when I got it, but I've noticed that some are more purple than others. Mine is thankfully grey enough, especially with the lighting and other grey items around it. I used to do model making years ago, but have long since lost the materials and skill to do a decent job. When it comes to needing that type of work, I'll seek out someone with better skills than me. LOL
Legion
Legion
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  inthecanpictures Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:46 pm

Legion wrote:I'll take a pic when I get home, but Sean's is one full piece if that's what you're looking for. The guy who was doing it in sections actually emailed me yesterday, but I'm no longer needing his services. Sean has a friend who can print them out on a nice, heavy-duty, frosted white material.

How much does Sean charge to do one like that? All finished in that size, I love it Guy. I had the image from the boards and was going to do one, but now I see it large, complete with the title and want one. Thanks for the info-C
inthecanpictures
inthecanpictures

Back to top Go down

Post  Legion Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:20 pm

inthecanpictures wrote:
Legion wrote:I'll take a pic when I get home, but Sean's is one full piece if that's what you're looking for. The guy who was doing it in sections actually emailed me yesterday, but I'm no longer needing his services. Sean has a friend who can print them out on a nice, heavy-duty, frosted white material.

How much does Sean charge to do one like that? All finished in that size, I love it Guy. I had the image from the boards and was going to do one, but now I see it large, complete with the title and want one. Thanks for the info-C

Sean charged me $50, including shipping. Give him a buzz and see what he says. You could make this into a lightbox for the wall, but for me the plan has been for the desk. Here's a pic so you can see the size:

My Collection DSC_0001-6

A close-up:

My Collection DSC_0002-7

I love the fact that I've ended up with the early draft of this very same replica.

Cheers,

Guy
Legion
Legion
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  inthecanpictures Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:54 pm

You mean the prototype! Thats cool Guy, it is a nice size too. I have some military consoles from the Navy that have missile toggles and stuff on them, I was going to put light behind this and put it on one of the monitors. It will shock you how badass and really BSG this thing will look when I am done, I will have finished a CIC set console no one has seen before but looks as cool and will fit in. I am calling it the Aft control console. The one console will act like the aft steering on a real Navy ship, you can man this one console if everything else is down in the whole ship and do everything (launch missiles, fire batteries, radar/dradis, ECM, helm, FTL, etc.) from this one console. I have already been building it, so this comes at a good time. My next project is a CIC command table to go with it. The table you are planning on building, will it be like a desk, or a CIC 'shaped' piece?-C
inthecanpictures
inthecanpictures

Back to top Go down

Post  Legion Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:16 pm

inthecanpictures wrote:You mean the prototype! Thats cool Guy, it is a nice size too. I have some military consoles from the Navy that have missile toggles and stuff on them, I was going to put light behind this and put it on one of the monitors. It will shock you how badass and really BSG this thing will look when I am done, I will have finished a CIC set console no one has seen before but looks as cool and will fit in. I am calling it the Aft control console. The one console will act like the aft steering on a real Navy ship, you can man this one console if everything else is down in the whole ship and do everything (launch missiles, fire batteries, radar/dradis, ECM, helm, FTL, etc.) from this one console. I have already been building it, so this comes at a good time. My next project is a CIC command table to go with it. The table you are planning on building, will it be like a desk, or a CIC 'shaped' piece?-C

It's going to be a regular desk, just over 7' long, and is somewhat similar to what I have. Although the one I have is an old, now painted, Best Buy desk minus the shelf behind it. I run a dual monitor setup, and that's as much as I can put on the desktop with the painting over it. The desk will look normal with the exception that the center-top will be the translight, and my BSG phone will be on the right. Our community is doing a garage sale this weekend, and I'm looking forward to emptying the garage to make room for me to start work on the desk this Sunday.

I feel at times I have to pull back on the BSG (for example not making a true BSG looking desk), b/c I'm trying to keep other themes going in this room. It's SO very easy to get excited and just load up on BSG stuff. Granted, much of the room has already morphed over.....
Legion
Legion
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  inthecanpictures Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:48 pm

Then I will be the first to say it Guy...even though you already know it in your heart, and will fight it for awhile more...maybe it is time to put the other theme, in either another room, or let it spill out into the house until it is your BSG room officially. I take it that the Roman decor is starting to look nice but crowded. Maybe the BSG should spill out into the other rooms in the house. Just my two cubits.-C
inthecanpictures
inthecanpictures

Back to top Go down

Post  Legion Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:48 pm

inthecanpictures wrote:Then I will be the first to say it Guy...even though you already know it in your heart, and will fight it for awhile more...maybe it is time to put the other theme, in either another room, or let it spill out into the house until it is your BSG room officially. I take it that the Roman decor is starting to look nice but crowded. Maybe the BSG should spill out into the other rooms in the house. Just my two cubits.-C

LOL! The wife has jokingly said I should knock out the wall between this room and the next room. Little does she know how long I've contemplated such a thought....
Legion
Legion
Admin

Back to top Go down

My Collection Empty My stuff.

Post  Joe C. Fri May 28, 2010 2:34 pm

I’ve been tight lipped about my collection but I’ll let you guys in.

Things I’ve got:
Hero framed picture of Baltar from his shine

Hero version of the second copy of the Zak, Lee Kara picture (mine’s the one they had folded in Starbucks stuff after she died)

I have patches from the Galactica (ver.1), Valkyrie, Pegasus (both types), and the Triton

I have nameplates for the following: Kat, Puppet, Hot dog, and Snig. Starbuck and Husker are on there way!

The design drawing of the Mark VII cockpit

One of the copies of the Saul Drawing done by Helen.

Joes Bar Sign!

I have a C-bucks large patch with a pyramid ball. I put them in a case and they look like a great real sports collection!

I picked up one of the Last Supper Prints that was given out the cast from a crew member for a steal.

And my gf brought me a life sized copy of the CIC logo!

Thats everything. No pics yet, but when i get them together and displayed in a nice way I will.

Joe C.

Back to top Go down

Post  Legion Fri May 28, 2010 2:50 pm

inthecanpictures wrote:You mean the prototype! Thats cool Guy, it is a nice size too. I have some military consoles from the Navy that have missile toggles and stuff on them, I was going to put light behind this and put it on one of the monitors. It will shock you how badass and really BSG this thing will look when I am done, I will have finished a CIC set console no one has seen before but looks as cool and will fit in. I am calling it the Aft control console. The one console will act like the aft steering on a real Navy ship, you can man this one console if everything else is down in the whole ship and do everything (launch missiles, fire batteries, radar/dradis, ECM, helm, FTL, etc.) from this one console. I have already been building it, so this comes at a good time. My next project is a CIC command table to go with it. The table you are planning on building, will it be like a desk, or a CIC 'shaped' piece?-C

Cool, I can't wait to see those pics! Over this summer I will work on making it into an actual translight, but for time's sake I've simply put it under plexiglass.

My Collection DSC_0002-11

My Collection 31829_1126362256780_1758870792_2328

I used my Joann Fabrics gift cards to get my print framed, but alas it wasn't ready today. I thought I'd have it up on the wall by now, but that will have to wait until Sunday.

Cheers,

Guy
Legion
Legion
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down