The Flightdeck
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

phoenix (aka "gamelan" on propworx)

3 posters

Go down

phoenix (aka "gamelan" on propworx) Empty phoenix (aka "gamelan" on propworx)

Post  phoenix Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:53 pm

hey all --

i decided not to port over "gamelan" and use "phoenix" instead for a couple of reasons (i'm "gamelan" on the propworx boards)...

1. no one pronounces is properly, and it's clear when i've been referred to as "game" (the correct shortening would be "gam"). a gamelan is an indonesian instrument. bear mccreary used it to create the signature "six" sound for head six. you can hear it in the opening credits.

2. i've been described by various people in real life as a phoenix, so it's sort of something associated with me already

cheers : )
phoenix
phoenix

Back to top Go down

phoenix (aka "gamelan" on propworx) Empty Re: phoenix (aka "gamelan" on propworx)

Post  inthecanpictures Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:56 pm

Plus the Phoenix is the colonial symbol, for rebirth of the show in general. All of this has happened before...

Great trivia about the Gamelan, had no idea. Thanks for that, I can see you becoming a big contributor to this forum.-C
inthecanpictures
inthecanpictures

Back to top Go down

phoenix (aka "gamelan" on propworx) Empty Re: phoenix (aka "gamelan" on propworx)

Post  Legion Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:55 pm

Welcome to the TFD board! Thanks for the early support. Very Happy

Cheers,

Guy
Legion
Legion
Admin

https://theflightdeck.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down