The Flightdeck
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battlestar Galactica re-re-imagining TOS

3 posters

Go down

Do you think the re- re-imagining film is a good idea?

Battlestar Galactica re-re-imagining  TOS I_vote_lcap33%Battlestar Galactica re-re-imagining  TOS I_vote_rcap 33% 
[ 1 ]
Battlestar Galactica re-re-imagining  TOS I_vote_lcap0%Battlestar Galactica re-re-imagining  TOS I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Battlestar Galactica re-re-imagining  TOS I_vote_lcap33%Battlestar Galactica re-re-imagining  TOS I_vote_rcap 33% 
[ 1 ]
[ 1 ]
Battlestar Galactica re-re-imagining  TOS I_vote_lcap0%Battlestar Galactica re-re-imagining  TOS I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 3

Battlestar Galactica re-re-imagining  TOS Empty Battlestar Galactica re-re-imagining TOS

Post  inthecanpictures Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:00 pm

What does everyone think of the new BSG "TOS" feature film that is in the works? Do you think it will get off the ground, do you think it's a good idea at all, even if you are a fan of the original? Glen A. Larson and Bryan Singer are to helm this one. What do you think?
inthecanpictures
inthecanpictures

Back to top Go down

Battlestar Galactica re-re-imagining  TOS Empty Re: Battlestar Galactica re-re-imagining TOS

Post  phoenix Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:06 pm

i generally like bryan singer's work, but i'm dubious, considering his slavish reproduction of superman. i'd like to see something new done, rather than replicate the old --- hey! like what ron moore and crew did!

i think it's sort of ill-timed to attempt this project, considering the phenomenal work that was just done on our beloved re-imagined series. i think anything, even anything worthwhile, would suffer in comparison. plus, this version of battlestar just ended. doing that project now doesn't make sense to me.

cheers --
phoenix
phoenix

Back to top Go down

Battlestar Galactica re-re-imagining  TOS Empty Re: Battlestar Galactica re-re-imagining TOS

Post  stepwriterun Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:28 am

I think a re-re-imagining can work, just look at the Star Trek franchise, where the spinoffs were more commercially successful and no less thought provoking than the original series. I just hope that the producers try to go for more than a single summer blockbuster action flick. I like those films, but I really like films that don't sacrifice thought for action, without insulting the audience's intelligence by ramming messages down their throats -- i.e., Avatar. I'm thinking of films like Children of Men or Bladerunner, even some aspects of the Riddick series and the better parts of the Matrix trilogy. Those are futuristic films with plenty of action that had good themes, making them watchable multiple times.
stepwriterun
stepwriterun

Back to top Go down

Post  inthecanpictures Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:53 am

I don't think they will go near anything like Blade Runner in the re-re-imagining as the RDM BSG touched upon that already.
inthecanpictures
inthecanpictures

Back to top Go down

Post  stepwriterun Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:10 pm

inthecanpictures wrote:I don't think they will go near anything like Blade Runner in the re-re-imagining as the RDM BSG touched upon that already.

The hard part about the BSG story is that it is much better as a series than a simple movie. To do a good movie I think the producers/writers either need to latch onto a single story, like Razor, or make the experience complete by remaking the old 10 Commandments movie that Charlton Heston starred. The only other alternative is to develop a series of scripts like George Lucas did with the Star Wars franchise and just make the things (to be released back-to-back like Matrix or the Lord of the Rings trilogy).
stepwriterun
stepwriterun

Back to top Go down

Post  inthecanpictures Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:19 pm

stepwriterun wrote:
inthecanpictures wrote:I don't think they will go near anything like Blade Runner in the re-re-imagining as the RDM BSG touched upon that already.

The hard part about the BSG story is that it is much better as a series than a simple movie. To do a good movie I think the producers/writers either need to latch onto a single story, like Razor, or make the experience complete by remaking the old 10 Commandments movie that Charlton Heston starred. The only other alternative is to develop a series of scripts like George Lucas did with the Star Wars franchise and just make the things (to be released back-to-back like Matrix or the Lord of the Rings trilogy).

I agree with what you are saying, but the problem is that if they do a new film, it will just tell the story of the destruction of the colonies again, and will not go anywhere later, even if there are several films. So yes it works better as a series or they will NEVER get anywhere. It would take many films to get to Earth, even if they jumped in the story. The more we talk about it, the more that I think its a bad idea.

On a lighter note, I went to the EMP Sci-Fi museum last night and saw the real Daggit again. Judi came home last night and wanted to go on a 'date'. So she got me in the car and surprised me with that....The employees have NO IDEA that there is a BSG exhibit coming in October!
inthecanpictures
inthecanpictures

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down