The Flightdeck
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battlestar Galactica: Collecting the costumes of an epic.

3 posters

Go down

Battlestar Galactica: Collecting the costumes of an epic. Empty Battlestar Galactica: Collecting the costumes of an epic.

Post  inthecanpictures Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:33 am

As a Battlestar Galactica collector in general, with items ranging from the original 1978 series, to many collectibles from today-my favorite items by far are my screen used costumes. At first I wanted just a piece like many of you here, to remember a great show, one of my favorite shows ever. Over a year later, I am out of control. I now own over 20 screen used costumes, and even more props from what I like to think of as an epic. A fictional story sure, a alternate history, with a great moral, but still an epic. I will continue to collect BSG and Caprica costumes far into the future, I know this has been done before, but this time let us know why you just had to have a certain costume, what it means to you to have it. For me it is a very tangible thing, like owning the character themselves. Everyday I get to look around and see the life of the show all around me, BDUs, C-Bucs uniforms stand next to Six and Baltar. Flightdeck coveralls are ready to be put on and service Vipers to defend the fleet. I made my collection tell me the story of Battlestar Galactica and I am proud of it.

What about all of you?
inthecanpictures
inthecanpictures

Back to top Go down

Battlestar Galactica: Collecting the costumes of an epic. Empty Re: Battlestar Galactica: Collecting the costumes of an epic.

Post  Legion Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:17 am

I don't have anything that's a replica costume at all. I do have a Caprica C-Bucs uniform I picked up at auction, but that's it. I found out I'm more of the pins, paper-props, etc. type of collector, and only picked up the costume bug at the end--thank god....

However, I do plan on picking up a set of Green BDU's from Anovos when they become available. I will get a set of Duty Blues, but ONLY if I lose 30 lbs. Sad

Cheers,

Guy
Legion
Legion
Admin

https://theflightdeck.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Battlestar Galactica: Collecting the costumes of an epic. Empty Re: Battlestar Galactica: Collecting the costumes of an epic.

Post  inthecanpictures Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:59 am

I actually bought the duty blues before all the screen used were available. Mine are actually nice, and I own an Adama and Starbuck duty blue pairs, and I still think they are nice. I will post a picture in the replica thread soon. They have MJF pins and a summers fabric Pegasus patch, with the proper buttons.

The flight suit I picked up because I got a great price on it and it had been modified by Geoff Gay from the ASAP boards by a friend of mine. I was such a good price I couldn't say no. But those are the only two, and I will start buying up replica items that I think are nice.
inthecanpictures
inthecanpictures

Back to top Go down

Post  galactifan Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:52 pm

Costumes are great.... I still have someway to go till I'm completely happy with my collection though. Sad

I still love the look on the face of people back home when I tell them what I have.... Awe, Jealousy etc It's all there!
galactifan
galactifan

Back to top Go down

Post  inthecanpictures Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:15 pm

galactifan wrote:Costumes are great.... I still have someway to go till I'm completely happy with my collection though. Sad

I still love the look on the face of people back home when I tell them what I have.... Awe, Jealousy etc It's all there!

See thats cool that you are proud of it. I am sure I drive my girl nuts with BSG, but she is a fan of the show too so that helps. She loves my collection and said she doesn't mind looking at all of it. I spend way too much on BSG collectibles, I have a list of stuff I buy and check off all the time. I got a vintage BSG toy yesterday in the mail and am expecting a package today with something. I am saving up still for that certain item, if I don't get it for some reason, I will spend the amount of some nice costumes. Then it is replica time with some of the guys on here and ebay. A little at a time, I spend as I earn it on ebay myself. I support my collectible habit by selling collectibles! LOL
inthecanpictures
inthecanpictures

Back to top Go down

Post  galactifan Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:45 pm

I'm over the moon with my collection. I found out about the auctions about a month before the 1st 33 auction and thought I had missed my chance to get anything. Looking at what I have now is amazing. My missis likes the show but she's not as massive a fan as me. She's very understanding but wants some costumes of her own now from things she really likes such as Zorro & Moulon Rouge... Embarassed

I never really got into the memorabilia side of things apart from my art asylum statues but I've just started collecting the BSG action figures. I've got or ordered just about every single figure we seem to be able to get over here but there are some big gaps. I can't find any figures from series 2 or the exclusives from most series'. It's annoying I see some of them on eBay but they're kinda pricey and the postage is a disaster!
galactifan
galactifan

Back to top Go down

Post  inthecanpictures Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:55 pm

I have all the series two figure prototypes. Yeah, everyone gouges for shipping, the post office over here keeps raising prices for everything and it is very expensive to send abroad now.
inthecanpictures
inthecanpictures

Back to top Go down

Post  galactifan Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:06 pm

Postage is not so much of a problem IF I can persuade someone to post to my work address in New York but the hassle of going through the 'ask a question' beforehand for each figure really puts me off...

So if there's anyone out there with Battlestar Figures to sell, drop me a PM!
galactifan
galactifan

Back to top Go down

Post  inthecanpictures Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:34 pm

Too bad you never come through Seattle. I go to New York about twice a year on vacation. I went last Dec and in Feb this year, we have thought about moving there.
inthecanpictures
inthecanpictures

Back to top Go down

Post  galactifan Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:40 pm

Yeah, I'd like to see more of the west coast. I think the ships in the Princess fleet go there but I'm in another part of the company. New York is a good place to visit but I think I could only manage a day at a time. Still, if I'm doing the same job when I go back, I won't even have the day since I oversee the refueling or 'bunkering' operations in New York. I suppose I will have to send some cadets to find the BSG figures I'm after!
galactifan
galactifan

Back to top Go down

Post  inthecanpictures Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:45 pm

Well, the Toys R' Us in Times Square always has BSG figure, the latest ones (unless its Christmas time). We were walking around in New York and I am taking pictures of Times Square at the angles that the BS ending was shot from, and then go by TRU and I am like "Oh gotta check to see if they have BSG figures" She just looked at me because we were on vacation. Very cool girl, that one!
inthecanpictures
inthecanpictures

Back to top Go down

Post  galactifan Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:54 pm

My sister was in New York last week and she went to the times square Toys R Us for me and they didn't have any! Then again I was asking for something specific.
galactifan
galactifan

Back to top Go down

Post  inthecanpictures Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:58 pm

They just released 'Commander William Adama' and 'Stealth Cylon Warrior' over here at TRU. So older than that your best bet is ebay.
inthecanpictures
inthecanpictures

Back to top Go down

Post  galactifan Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:09 pm

It was Adama I was specifically after but no joy.....
galactifan
galactifan

Back to top Go down

Post  inthecanpictures Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:14 pm

I am going to TRU within the next two weeks to grab one, if you don't score one by then maybe I will grab another.
inthecanpictures
inthecanpictures

Back to top Go down

Post  galactifan Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:24 pm

Depends which one we mean. I put an order in online for Adama with 'Tache' but I think Adama without 'Tache' is a TRU exclusive... Is that right?

I'd really appreciate it if you could find one for me.
galactifan
galactifan

Back to top Go down

Post  inthecanpictures Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:32 pm

Without stash, no its not a TRU exclusive but the Stealth Cylon is.
inthecanpictures
inthecanpictures

Back to top Go down

Post  galactifan Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:46 pm

Hmmmm good to know.... Very Happy

I just managed to get the series 2 Kat figure on eBay... Now I think about it. Whatever happened to her regular non burnt flightsuit... Plus the Apollo Flightsuit that got switched from the live auction (it was the one from resurrection ship I think... Either way there's an Apollo suit out there.)
galactifan
galactifan

Back to top Go down

Post  inthecanpictures Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:53 pm

True, but some things went to the NBC archives so who knows. I have the Kat prototype figure, I will take pics of it soon.

Last edited by inthecanpictures on Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
inthecanpictures
inthecanpictures

Back to top Go down

Post  galactifan Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:25 pm

I'm in two minds about the archive...

On the one hand I'm pretty curious as to what went in but on the other hand it might depress me to know what items I want and there is NO CHANCE WHATSOEVER that I will get them... Where is the actual archive? I have some faint recollection that NBC have some office in New York. Perhaps its a secret destination inside a hollowed out mountain...

Look forward to seeing the pics, I'll put up an amended pic of my display cases when I get all my figures up and displayed properly.
galactifan
galactifan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down