The Flightdeck
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BSG Actors in Caprica

4 posters

Go down

BSG Actors in Caprica Empty BSG Actors in Caprica

Post  adama1843 Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:35 pm

BSG Cameos

The above link mentions a number of BSG actor crossovers on Caprica.

One that isn't mentioned (in a sort of cameo) is Gaeta. For the midseason finale, it's our own Gaeta singing the male part of the opera heard over the ending scenes.
adama1843
adama1843

Back to top Go down

BSG Actors in Caprica Empty Re: BSG Actors in Caprica

Post  Legion Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:36 pm

adama1843 wrote:BSG Cameos

The above link mentions a number of BSG actor crossovers on Caprica.

One that isn't mentioned (in a sort of cameo) is Gaeta. For the midseason finale, it's our own Gaeta singing the male part of the opera heard over the ending scenes.

Huh? Really? I DVR'd that episode and watched it again Sunday night, and totally missed that. Okay, going to have to watch it again...

Holy crap there's alot of emoticons.... lol!
Legion
Legion
Admin

https://theflightdeck.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  inthecanpictures Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:56 am

I heard AJ was going to be in an episode too. That would be cool. I actually like that BSG actors get to play other characters.
inthecanpictures
inthecanpictures

Back to top Go down

Post  Legion Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:41 am

I just hope that too many don't make appearances. It's great to see them, but I don't want Caprica to be a rehashing of old BSG actors. Kelly and I were talking about it last night, and we were kind'a figuring out that you can't show the First Cylon War in Caprica, at least the Husker thread.

If they wanted to show Husker, they'd have to flash forward a few years. If Billy is supposed to be, what---14 (?)--and Husker is roughly 22, then they have a decade to flash ahead. That means a significant jump in the storyline. From the previews for the next season, it looks like things are in motion already for the revolution. I'm not sure how they are going to get this to match, and I'll be more than a bit pissed if Moore does one of his "it's the characters, stupid" stories. Yes, you can have character development, but for god's sake, don't leave plot holes the size of a Florida sink hole.

Cheers,

Guy
Legion
Legion
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  inthecanpictures Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:42 am

I really don't think they will jump ahead that much, the actors are all playing much different parts in Caprica than they did in BSG anyways, I kind of like it. But I have heard there is another BSG spin off coming in a different timeline (just to confuse everything a bit more) so maybe that will be the first Cylon war. Who knows.
inthecanpictures
inthecanpictures

Back to top Go down

Post  Legion Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:04 pm

inthecanpictures wrote:I really don't think they will jump ahead that much, the actors are all playing much different parts in Caprica than they did in BSG anyways, I kind of like it. But I have heard there is another BSG spin off coming in a different timeline (just to confuse everything a bit more) so maybe that will be the first Cylon war. Who knows.

You referring to Jack Morrissey's comment? Jack, I know you registered, so where's your e-bay posts, buddy? As much as I like Caprica, just the few moments of the Husker flashback make me drool for a series around that....
Legion
Legion
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  inthecanpictures Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:31 pm

Yes, I am. I went and read about it on some site. The Razor flashbacks are awesome, some of my favorite moments from BSG! I own a costume from both flashbacks.
inthecanpictures
inthecanpictures

Back to top Go down

Post  stepwriterun Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:24 pm

If Moore jumps feet first into the Cylon revolution too quickly it'll wreck the show. Besides, don't the Cylons have to go into Colony vs. Colony combat first? I thought that at this point in the BSG universe the 12 Colonies were not united and, in fact, fought wars against one another from time to time.

Legion wrote:I just hope that too many don't make appearances. It's great to see them, but I don't want Caprica to be a rehashing of old BSG actors. Kelly and I were talking about it last night, and we were kind'a figuring out that you can't show the First Cylon War in Caprica, at least the Husker thread.

If they wanted to show Husker, they'd have to flash forward a few years. If Billy is supposed to be, what---14 (?)--and Husker is roughly 22, then they have a decade to flash ahead. That means a significant jump in the storyline. From the previews for the next season, it looks like things are in motion already for the revolution. I'm not sure how they are going to get this to match, and I'll be more than a bit pissed if Moore does one of his "it's the characters, stupid" stories. Yes, you can have character development, but for god's sake, don't leave plot holes the size of a Florida sink hole.

Cheers,

Guy
stepwriterun
stepwriterun

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down