The Flightdeck
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Binders are Back

4 posters

Go down

Binders are Back Empty Binders are Back

Post  Rip Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:20 am

GoGoods is selling the KEBA ergo binders, also via Amazon. They're a bit pricey, but it's the only place I've been able to even find them lately. They seem to have sold out of quite a few of the colors right now, so here's hoping they continuing selling them... and possibly dropping the price.

Rip
Rip
Rip

Back to top Go down

Binders are Back Empty Re: Binders are Back

Post  inthecanpictures Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:02 am

Rip thanks for the info. I was actually looking for a couple binders recently and found a site to order but was unsure if they were the same thickness or not. I am going to use the replica binders (with corners cut and stickers of course) to display my Propworx COAs.

Welcome to the Flightdeck Rip! I love the avatar BTW.
inthecanpictures
inthecanpictures

Back to top Go down

Post  Harvey Dent's Chin Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:48 pm

inthecanpictures wrote:Rip thanks for the info. I was actually looking for a couple binders recently and found a site to order but was unsure if they were the same thickness or not. I am going to use the replica binders (with corners cut and stickers of course) to display my Propworx COAs.

Welcome to the Flightdeck Rip! I love the avatar BTW.
I'm faily sure the BSG binders were 2", A4 binders

Harvey Dent's Chin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rip Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:32 am

Harvey Dent's Chin wrote:
I'm faily sure the BSG binders were 2", A4 binders

They're 2 1/4" KEBA ergo, 3-rings. The ones I have from the show were labeled "AXCESS Best Built Binders", which is how they were previously sold in the States (and I assume Canada). The AXCESS distributer shut down, but the KEBA ones that GoGoods sells are the same... they just don't have the "AXCESS" stamp on the inside. There appears to be a variation inside the notches on the spine which consists of 4 small vent holes. But two of my actual BSG binders have those as well.

For modifications, BSG not only cut the corners, but also trimmed back the covers by just under 2 3/4". That poses a bit of a problem if you want to create an exact replica, but also want it to hold COAs: the COAs in sheet protectors will extend a good 1 1/2" beyond the binder covers.

One other thing that BSG seemed to do with every binder except for the frost ones is to paint the spine. Most silver ones were originally yellow, but I have one that was red. I also have a red one that is painted red and a green one that is painted black. I've seen them repaint yellow as yellow, blue as blue, etc. Whatever color you decide to paint them, it's pretty easy to tape them off & spray paint them.

Rip
Rip
Rip

Back to top Go down

Post  KevinEricon Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:08 am

I've managed to get a couple binders before they were out. And I've seen they selling the last ones for $7 each! But when I found it they're already gone.

Thanks for the tips about modding them.

KevinEricon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum